The Veleganov Company - Plovdiv is established in 1872 by the two brothers Lazar and Ivan Veleganov.
The functioning of the company concurs with the pre-liberation period of Bulgaria from the Ottoman rule when the Veleganov brothers take an active part in the preparation of the April Rising by casting lions and bullets for the rebels. After the capture of Ivan Veleganov by the Ottoman authorities (who then, after being tortured, dies in prison) his brother Lazar continues to enlarge the activities of the company. He begins casting church bells, candelabras and other church accessories. Lazar Veleganov's heirs are Blago Veleganov and later afterwards his son Lazar Veleganov who heads the company to making not only bells with a certain tonality but also church chandeliers and candelabras, memorial tables and other ornamental brass elements.
The bells made by the company have won lots of prizes and public recognition at the exhibitions in Plovdiv and other cities.
The quality of the moulded by our company bells and candelabras has been proven and acknowledged up to the present.
Today we, as heirs of the Veleganov brothers, continue to produce church bells, candelabras and chandeliers that adorn temples in Bulgaria, Macedonia and Germany.